When you think about travelling, does it create a spark of excitement inside you? Does the idea of travel bring on a flash of creative thought for you? Do you then begin to visualize yourself in another place?
It is amazing that although some of us may not be in a place to always get up and go, everyone seems to have an urge to move, to travel to at least one place on Earth. This seems to be a common theme. It only makes sense that in the deepest parts of our minds, hearts, and souls lies a connection to Mother Earth – and with that a calling to adventure Her lands. We all have it and we all get it. The ultimate question is Why? And How?
The action of travel is an excellent method to experience freedom and to seek one’s Higher Self.
Travel: to journey, for some length, usually abroad. This comes from the Old English word Travailen (1300) “to make a journey.” Originally coming from the Old French word: Travail; meaning “to toil, labor, trouble; arduous journey.”
If you take a closer look at this, considering the century in which the original word “travel” was derived from, you can see how travelling, at the time, was made to be an action of labor and difficulty. Of course, during the Middle Ages, the notion of travel was most likely frowned upon and made to be avoided. This would be because of the fact that a king would not want people leaving his land, as it would cause a reduction in taxes, food, supplies, as well as soldiers for his army. People living at that time were not incredibly, spiritually evolved, and so they would be stuck in the Group Mind, per say. They would fear leaving their homeland for numerous reasons.
Fast track to 2017 and we have a whole new era of people. There are waves and waves of people becoming more open, aware, and awake about what is happening on Earth. People understand better what this world has become; knowledge has become a lot more accessible. Finally, people are becoming more in tune with themselves, which ultimately enhances their spiritual growth.
An important factor in spiritual growth is freedom, and it has many functions and understandings. Physically, freedom would pertain to experiencing the act of moving, being dynamic. Mentally, freedom would include freethinking, original ideas and wild concepts that are outside the ideal frame of mind. Emotionally, freedom would consist of learning to detach from “positive” and “negative” emotions, happenings and results. Spiritually, freedom pertains to the growth of the soul. It describes the evolution of the Soul working its way back to Source through ALL experiences.
Freedom: the right to frequent, enjoy, use at will and to live without any restraints both physically and mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
One major action has the ability to unlock all these levels of freedom, the more one does the action the more one truly sees what he or she is. Furthermore, if that individual is thriving to learn then so shall the Spirit grow.
This action is Travel.
Let us go deeper to see how the notion of travel enhances Spiritual growth…
Cultures, People & Nature
• Travel allows us to learn new cultures. This brings the person to an understanding of what else is here on our Plane. This most definitely expands the mind; it grows new ideas and concepts based on teachings from these new tribes visited. Meeting new people at destinations and along the journey creates incredible moments that lasts a lifetime. Everyone has something to teach, and learn as well. Keep an eye and have an ear.
• Land variations occur where one goes, and with that comes new geographical understandings. New cultures and new lands involuntarily come together in the person’s mind to give birth to an observation. The individual compares past experience to this new one and creates a feeling which sticks to the mind and soul. This person has now created a better understanding for themselves. They may or may not use what they have learned about these new cultures, people and the land, but regardless, growth has been achieved.
• Where one goes, nature flows. It holds secrets, teachings and life lessons that are essential to better understanding oneself, and so increases spiritual growth. Wherever you may travel, enjoy the different natural environments that invite you.
Embracing the Uncomfortable & Time Alone
• The action of travel itself brings about stepping into the unknown. Travelling breaks the monotonous cycle that most have because travel is never the same. Travelling takes you away and out of the mundane, daily grind. This results in moving into the unknown. The ego does not like the unknown; it likes to know everything all the time. Travel can help quiet the ego. Being uncomfortable due to not knowing the unknown is a good feeling, and the exciting part is embracing the uneasiness. Every traveler has experienced it. Although they may have an idea about the destination, they never really know they’re going to meet, what events may occur or what to expect. This is exciting stuff, and the more we get uncomfortable the better we grow.
• Travelling alone increases the uncomfortableness even further. Yet, it creates an excitement because it is just you and the adventure. That is it, no one else to rely on, or worry about. Travelling alone, of course, brings time alone. Time alone is a very good experience. Silence allows you to open the floodgates to external and internal observation. Being alone is something most fear, but it is that which you fear the most that offers incredible growth.
Understanding Who You Are & Creating New Visions
• Combining all these new experiences – meeting new people, seeing new lands and learning the wondrous teachings of our Earth, one comes to realize who one actually is. This is by far the most interesting aspect of travel. It is and can be hard to explain in words, but we all know it to be true. Travel unlocks certain aspects of the individual being that create an immense growth spurt, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. The more you travel the more you see how small this Earth really is, at the same time, how vast and different it is. It is quite a perspective obtained.
• Understanding yourself is the ultimate method to enhancing your journey on this plane. Finding out what you are capable of is exactly what travelling offers. When you learn about how you handle certain situations, you start to see new things and you become more open to the diversity of what this Universe offers, and you start to have new visions of what you desire most. Travelling can help manifest new creative ideas that you seek.
To reach a destination for this post, it would be best to end with this:
Travel is the subset journey of our Earthly physical human adventure that offers immense growth to the spiritual beings that we all are. It brings about power and creative vision that words trouble to explain.
Be brave and travel the lands, immerse all your senses and watch how free you truly are.