In the second part of our conversation with Cameron McKenzie and John Tran, we go into discussing the subtle differences between squatting positions, exercise recommendations for powerlifters and talking about mindfulness and being conscious as you go into your lifts.
Midway into the episode, Cameron and John share about the most important thing to training and getting strong. They also discuss their best lifts, how they approach it, and minding the rankings and the results of the comps.
Finally, we go into 9 from 9 for our 2 guests.
Meaty conversation guys. Expect to learn a couple things more from our featured powerlifters!
This podcast is also brought to you by LocSam Solutions. LocSam Solutions is a boutique consulting and business support company focused on business consulting and commercial services. The key to their success has been through the application of a pragmatic approach combined with entrepreneurial spirit to achieve our clients’ outcomes. Their philosophy is simple: deliver well-defined, measurable business outcomes to their clients through the engagement of subject matter experts with real world experience. They can be found at www.locsamsolutions.com.au.
This podcast is also supported by No Days Off Supplements. NDO Supps is a newly formed company that aspires to build a trusted brand by having honesty, integrity and loyalty as the corner stones of their relationships with all their stakeholders. From suppliers to customers to sponsored athletes and individuals, they will work hard to ensure all receive the utmost attention and support and that harmonious relationships are mutually beneficial for all. Use the code ADVFRADIO when purchasing to receive 10% off at www.ndosupps.com.
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
Finally this podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- What is the difference between high-bar and low-bar position? [02:40]
- Did you try the full squat? [06:30]
- What exercises will you recommend? [11:30]
- Consciousness of daily actions and patterns [16:15]
- Tom's Riddles [19:00]
- Did you know: where did the military salute come from? [21:30]
- The most important thing to training and getting strong. [23:10]
- How often and how powerful is your max? [24:25]
- Best lifts [27:20]
- Are you worried about the rankings and results? [31:35]
- 9 from 9 [33:30]
- Cameron - What is your morning ritual? [33:50]
- Do you meditate? [35:05]
- If you have one day left on the earth, how do you spend it? [36:08]
- John Tran - What is your morning ritual? [36:50]
- Do you meditate? [37:25]
- If you have one day left on earth, how do you spend it? [37:55]
- Cameron - Favorite travel destination [38:45]
- Dream destination [39:00]
- When you are in the dessert island, what are the three things you keep on? [39:40]
- John Tran - Favorite travel destination [40:22]
- Dream destination [41:30]
- When you are in the desert island, what are the three things you keep on? [41:48]
- Cameron - What do you do in your down time? [42:27]
- Biggest role model [45:48]
- If you invite three people, who would that be? [47:30]
- John Tran - Biggest role model [49:05]
- What do you do in your down time? [50:24]
- If you invite three people, who would that be? [51:50]
Selected Links from the Episode:
- City Strength (Sydney)
- Olympic Weightlifting
- High-bar vs low-bar squat
- Hybrid position squat
- Close grip bench press
- Wide grip bench press
- Hip flexion
- Leg press
- Front squats
- Human Body Cross Section (video)
- Sticking point (lifting)
- Dry needling
- Good mornings (exercise)
- Split squat
- South Korea
- Richard Kuklinski
- Brad Gillingham