In this episode we speak with Justin Cotler, GRID League Coach and owner of CrossFit Dynamix, all the way from New York City. He is also the head coach of the GRID Games Team DC Brawlers.
Into the show, Justin shares about himself and his professional singing career. From there, we get an idea as to how he transitioned into CrossFit, allowing him to channel his addictive and competitive personality into a fitness sport. He then introduces GRID and what it’s about.
Moving forward, our crew goes to ask Justin further about decision-making from a coach’s perspective and his thoughts on weightlifting.
From here we go to our classic Good, Bad and Science! And then Justin, Tommy and Doc continue on to discuss the latest in the music industry!
We wrap up this episode with our 9 from 9 (missing Macca for now). Great stuff guys. Enjoy listening to this podcast!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is also brought to you by LocSam Solutions. LocSam Solutions is a boutique consulting and business support company focused on business consulting and commercial services. The key to their success has been through the application of a pragmatic approach combined with an entrepreneurial spirit to achieve our clients’ outcomes. Their philosophy is simple: deliver well-defined, measurable business outcomes to their clients through the engagement of subject matter experts with real world experience. They can be found at www.locsamsolutions.com.au.
This podcast is also supported by No Days Off Supplements. NDO Supps is a newly formed company that aspires to build a trusted brand by having honesty, integrity and loyalty as the corner stones of their relationships with all their stakeholders. From suppliers to customers to sponsored athletes and individuals, they will work hard to ensure all receive the utmost attention and support and that harmonious relationships are mutually beneficial for all. Use the code ADVFRADIO when purchasing to receive 10% off at www.ndosupps.com.
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
Finally, this podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Justin Cotler introduces himself. [04:27]
- Justin shares about his singing careers and does a singing demo. [06:00]
- The most fun Justin ever had making music. [11:05]
- What advice would you give to Tommy to start making wise decision? [13:20]
- He became addicted to music before he got into crossfit. [16:35
- What is GRID? [19:30]
- Quick decisions made as a coach [22:03]
- Do you have weight lifting specialist? [30:53]
- The Good, Bad, and Science [36:40]
- What is your favorite song by Prince? [42:15]
- How do you compare Michael Jackson and Prince? [43:08]
- Do you love Dinosaurs? [44:45]
- 9 from 9
- What is your favorite travel Destination? [58:55]
- Dream Destination [59:50]
- When you are in a desert island, three things you take to keep sane?[1:01:45]
- Biggest role model [1:03:20]
- What do you do in your down time? [1:04:14]
- If you invite three people to dinner, who would they be? [1:05:20]
Selected Links from the Episode:
- D’ Angelo
- John Legend
- Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson
- Eric Clapton
- Stevie Wonder
- Pop Artist
- One Direction
- Mass Extinction
- Mixed Martial Arts
- American Football
- Muhammed Ali