Jared has been competing in olympic weightlifting for 12 years and has trained under some of America's best weightlifting coaches, including Kyle Pierce, Zygmund Smalcerz, Glenn Pendlay, Don McCauley and Dave Fleming. He has broken weightlifting records and is also currently the head weightlifting coach for The Outlaw Way and a member of Team MDUSA.
In the first of this two-part episode, Jared shares about the ups and downs of coaching, training, and a little more on the injuries he’s had to work through so far. The details get very interesting as our crew gets deeper into the conversation and what Jared has done specifically in his rehab time. Finally he shares about European weightlifting in contrast to American weightlifting and what the difference is before we wrap up with the Good, Bad, and the Science.
You’re bound to pick up a couple of choice insights on how you can program your training in this one. Enjoy the episode guys!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Jared shares briefly about his road trip around the USA. [02:40]
- Since you’ve been injured, have you enjoyed the coaching side of weightlifting? [05:15]
- How did being a weightlifter start for you? [06:10]
- How was your training as a teenager with your father? [08:30]
- When did you get into national level competition, representing America? [11:40]
- When did you get your first national champion? [16:25]
- Glenn Pendlay’s back strengthening program, and specifics for Jared to rehab the injury. [20:15]
- How much time and work did you actually put into rehab? [21:40]
- How much of that prehab exercise in your training do you do now? [24:55]
- The importance and benefit of stretching. [27:00]
- How did Jared cope through his injured period? [30:30]
- What happened with Jared’s knee? [33:45]
- Jared explains why Americans is far way behind than Europeans in weightlifting. [39:00]
- Interesting stories on anti-doping organization for athletes. [44:20]
- Good, Bad and the Science [50:00]
- Jared gives opinion to the issue of legalizing marijuana in America. [53:25]
- Mind-blowing facts on the vast universe. [58:00]
- Jared shares his insight on what human consciousness is. [1:04:50]
- Colorado, USA
- South Carolina
- Venice, California
- Colin Burns
- (Youtube) Jared Fleming American Record
- Bulging Disc
- Glenn Pendlay
- (Youtube) Jared Fleming Back Strength
- Concentric Loading
- Disk Herniation
- Andromeda Galaxy
- Milky Way
- Artificial Intelligence
- “The secret history of the world” (Book) by Mark Booth
- DMT (Dimethyltryptamine)