Mitchell Sinnamon found CrossFit after a few years in the Navy. At the time he was based in Perth, WA and got introduced to CrossFit at The Cell.
Moving back to Melbourne he started training and working at Schwartz's CrossFit Melbourne. He had his Regionals debut in 2014, placing an impressive 23rd after his 40th place finish in the Open. Well known for his amazing strength (backsquatting 200kg+ for reps), Mitch just qualified for the 2016 Games.
Into the conversation, Mitch shares with us his experience on how he qualified for the 2016 games this year, his programming, and a typical day in the life now that he's preparing to compete in the games.
Much more in the podcast guys!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s tribute. [04:00]
- Mitch expresses what he feels being qualified in a CrossFit games. [05:30]
- How long you have been in CrossFit? [05:45]
- What did you feel when you crossed the line? [09:35]
- How did you train to qualify for regional level? [10:50]
- Mitch’s day-to-day training. [13:20]
- What is the result of two hours training a day? [16:00]
- Mitch’s daily routine. [16:50]
- Is infrared sauna better than the other therapy? [18:40]
- What did you do at night? [19:40]
- Mitch talks about his breathing exercises. [20:25]
- The benefits when an athlete has mental clarity. [22:20]
- What type of reading do you like? [28:05]
- Good, Bad and the Science [32:00]
- Do you think at some point we will invent a time travel machine? [41:45]
- Do you have injury over this period? [44:40]
- What made you decide to switch your coaching program to the Army? [50:40]
- What is your nutrition like? [52:38]
- 9 from 9
- What is your morning ritual? [1:02:00]
- If you have one thousand dollars left, how would you spend it? [1:02:10]
- If you have one day left in this planet, what would you do? [1:02:50]
- What is your favorite travel destination? [1:03:20]
- What is your dream destination? [1:03:40]
- If you are in a desert island, what three things that you would bring? [1:05:45]
- Who is your biggest role model? [1:06:05]
- What are the things that you do when you are in down time? [1:06:35]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would that be? [1:07:45]
- Infrared Sauna
- Breathing Exercises
- Wim Hof
- Box Breathing
- Harry Potter
- Lord Of The Rings
- Drinking straw
- New Delhi
- Death Penalty
- Chemical Castration
- Phuket, Thailand
- Seminyak, Bali
- Tim Cook
- Black Hole
- New York
- Museum of National History
- Mohammed Ali
- Will Smith