In the second installation of this two-part podcast, Lester shares more on his training principles, periodization, and attitude towards maxing out. Expect to hear more too on how he helps to build an athlete’s confidence, the exercises he recommends, and the mindset he encourages to stay on track for comp day.
And much more for you in the podcast.
Great conversation on weightlifting guys! Enjoy.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Explore this site to check out all our trips, podcasts, blogs, special offers and more.
- Lester’s training principles. [05:00]
- How often are you competing in a year? [06:30]
- What is your 12-month periodization look like? [07:34]
- The importance of maxing out in training. [11:10]
- Doc and Lester talk about maxing out and building the confidence of athletes. [13:50]
- What are the accessory exercises that you can recommend to your athletes? [15:50]
- Lester explains the significance of body shape in training. [19:40]
- How do you keep your athlete’s mindset? [24:10]
- Lester’s training preparation before and the actual day of competition. [27:25]
- Doc shares his opening lift. [30:50]
- The International Weightlifting Federation (IWF)’s announcement. [33:45]
- What can you say about the best athletes that got performance-enhancing positive? [35:35]
- Doc gives the opinion on athletes who uses performance-enhancing drugs. [39:45]
- 6 from 6 [44:05]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [44:20]
- What is your dream destination? [45:10]
- When you are on a desert island, what three things that you would bring? [45:30]
- Who is your biggest role model? [46:20]
- What are the things that you do when you are in downtime? [47:00]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would that be? [48:10]
- Human body
- Bulgarian system
- Upper back exercises
- Lower back exercises
- Body building exercises
- Ilya Ilyin
- Lance Armstrong
- Joe Rogan
- Czech Republic
- Weight Lifting set
- Anthony Bourdain
- Back flip
- Nikola Tesla