Rob Whittaker is an Australian professional mixed martial artist of Māori descent currently competing in the Middleweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. A professional MMA competitor since 2009, Whittaker was a contestant on the first installment of The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes and won the Welterweight tournament. As of April 2016, he is #6 in the official UFC Middleweight rankings.
In this podcast, we delve a little more into Rob’s start in MMA, his strongest fighting style, and game plan inside the Octagon. The convo moves towards discussing his next opponent, Stephen Thompson and how he’s training for and adapting to the new division he’s in. We also discuss a bit of the upcoming US elections peppered with a bit of Game of Thrones.
So much more for you in this podcast guys! We hope you enjoy it!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Explore this site to check out all our trips, podcasts, blogs, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s tribute. [7:44]
- How did you start fighting? [11:45:]
- Rob’s strongest style of fighting inside of mixed martial arts. [12:55]
- Rob confesses his fighting style and game plan inside the ring. [13:35]
- What is your main objective in fighting? [15:45]
- Rob expresses his feelings after his fight with Stephen Thompson. [17:15]
- Rob’s gameplan during his fight with Stephen Thompson. [19:05]
- How do you feel about moving another division? [22:10]
- Training exercise schedule. [28:30]
- How much strength training goes into your week? [30:15]
- How do you prepare yourself before you step into the ring? [34:00]
- The Good, Bad and Science [36:30]
- The comparison of US election to Game of Thrones’ characters. [36:50]
- Sea monsters thriving under the sea. [38:50]
- Rob talks about his sponsors and the training cost. [41:30]
- Unexpected hobbies of Rob Whittaker. [47:30]
- Doc, Tom and Rob have a discussion of video games. [51:00]
- Rob’s interesting fan questions from social media. [53:40]
- Who do you think is your biggest win? [1:00:40]
- What is your dream for your family? [1:03:00]
- 6 from 6 segment [1:05:00]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [1:05:10]
- What is your dream destination? [1:08:10]
- When you are on a desert island, what three things that you would bring? [1:09:05]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would that be? [1:10:20]
- New Zealand
- Bruce Buffer
- Stephen Thompson
- Conor Mcgregor
- Hillary Clinton
- Donald Trump
- Ted Cruz
- Caribbean Sea
- Giant Octopus
- Terra Formars
- Metal Gear
- Phantom Pain
- Call of Duty
- BJ Penn
- Street Fighter
- Polar Bear
- Benjamin Franklin