Khan Porter is a professional CrossFit athlete and player on the DC Brawlers GRID team. He is a 3 x CrossFit Games qualifier and owner of CrossFit Play in NSW, Australia.
In this podcast, we talk a little more about how Khan’s educational background, how he got started in CrossFit and the fitness industry in general. Hear more also on his experience in the regionals and what’s next.
The deepest and most involving part of this conversation is regarding the mental health and mindset of Khan through his childhood until now. It's a really interesting conversation that everyone should listen to!
More exciting stuff in this pod for you guys. Enjoy.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Explore this site to check out all our trips, podcasts, blogs, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s tribute. [4:50]
- Is Khan Porter gay? [6:25]
- Khan tells a preview about himself and how he started CrossFit. [07:35]
- The reason why his parents created a facebook account for him. [10:40 ]
- Khan’s educational background. [13:30]
- Doc and Khan talk about what they feel in the fitness industry. [17:10]
- Why won’t Khan do deadlifts? [20:30]
- Are you sponsored by a game company? [22:20]
- What was your training during your first competition in regionals? [23:30]
- Continuation after regionals. [25:50]
- Khan shares how he managed his injuries. [32:40]
- Khan’s training practices to stay functional. [37:05]
- Do you meditate in order to relax mentally? [46:15]
- Anxiety issues. [49:50]
- Handling people’s perception towards them. [50:50]
- A story of Khan’s mental issues. [58:00]
- The Good, Bad, and Science [1:02:10]
- If you can have anyone’s voice, who would that be? [1:05:47]
- Single ladies
- Russian squat program
- Mitch Sinnamon
- Justin Cotler
- Neurological disorder
- Morgan Freeman
- John Legend
- Sunway Taihulight