Geraint F. Lewis is a Welsh astrophysicist, who is currently a Professor of Astrophysics (Teaching and Research) at the Sydney Institute for Astronomy, part of the University of Sydney's School of Physics.
In this first installation, our convo starts off with Geraint’s thoughts on astronomy and the importance of scientific discoveries in society and culture. Then we go into a little more detail about Andromeda, the Milky Way and the Multiverse.
Moving forward, we learn about the origins of the Universe, and the nuances of black holes, white holes and wormholes.
So much more for you in this conversation of intergalactic proportions!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Explore this site to check out all our trips, podcasts, blogs, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s Tribute. [05:30]
- Geraint shares his family background. [07:03]
- What motivates you to study astronomy? [07:50]
- The importance of science in the society and culture. [09:10]
- What did you do at PandAS? [12:55]
- Interesting facts about Andromeda and Milky Way galaxy’s future. [17:20]
- What are your thoughts on Multiverse? [22:00]
- The birth of the Universe. [25:30]
- How big is the Universe? [27:05]
- The three forces in the Universe and their significance. [33:42]
- What came before the BigBang? [35:25]
- What does it mean to have the gravitational wavelength on the Black Hole? [44:35]
- Is there a Black Hole close in the Milky-way? [50:00]
- Mind-boggling facts about the Black Hole. [53:00]
- What are your thoughts on the movie, Interstellar? [56:35]
- Geraint explains about White Holes and Wormholes. [1:00:25]
- Andromeda Galaxy
- Electromagnetic force
- Black Hole
- Event Horizon
- White Holes