Coach Ben Bergeron is one of the most successful coaches in the CrossFit community today. With over 10 years of experience, he is now helping thousands of people with his programming and has coached 5 CrossFit Games champions in the process.
In this podcast, we hear a little more on the behind the scenes of how he manages as a coach. First off we discuss how he runs the gym in terms of creating a positive atmosphere, handling his staff, and marketing. We then move a little more into training as he shares with us how he addresses high-level athletes versus regular individuals, and how he has specialist coaches for each discipline.
We wrap up this convo with Ben sharing about how he felt when he saw his athletes on top of the podium and asking him the classic 6 from 6.
Great conversation with a ton of helpful insight guys! We hope you enjoy it.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True Pride is a wealth creation service who work with ambitious individuals & families looking to take control, worry less & get ahead. If you’re looking for a way to take control, worry less and get ahead when it comes to your money, True Pride is a wealth coaching business that will provide you with the tools you need to fast track this. Head to www.truepride.com.au/ADVF the joining fee of $297 when you book a call via the website.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Sample tutorial video - Ben Bergeron explains Deadlift technique
- Website - http://www.builtbybergeron.com/
- Tommy’s tribute. [08:22]
- Ben shares a little bit about himself. [10:20]
- The most important part of the gym. [15:15]
- How is coaching rewarding? [17:30]
- Creating happiness and a good environment in the gym. [23:15]
- How do you fire staff? [27:00]
- Ben’s target market. [27:30]
- The difference between coaching high-level athletes and regular individuals. [30:20]
- How do you train your athlete? [34:35]
- Addressing butterfly pull-ups for every athlete. [37:00]
- Do you have specialist coaches in gymnastics and in weightlifting? [38:50]
- Ben emphasizes how sacrifice brings happiness. [40:50]
- How did it feel to watch your athletes on the top of the podium? [50:40]
- 6 from 6 [53:15]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [53:30]
- What is your dream destination? [54:04]
- What books would you recommend? [54:30]
- What are the things that you do in your downtime? [55:45]
- Who is your biggest role model? [56:15]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would that be? [56:50]
- Butterfly pull-up
- Matthew Fraser
- Chris Hinshaw
- B-Town Barbell
- Kobe Bryant
- Andre Agassi
- John Poole
- Cape Cod
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- John Wooden