We check back in with sports psychologist Michael Inglis today to update and continue from our first conversation with him. Kicking off, he shares with us how the practice of mindfulness can help athletes better their performance. He gives us tips ranging from breathing exercises, mental skills, routine preparation and how to actually introduce the practice into our daily life.
We then delve a little more into how our mind is connected to our nutrition and physiology. After that, we move into a rather serious topic in sports psychology which is depression. Michael shares with us how can win the fight against it and his experience on helping others with past traumatic experiences.
A lighthearted finish when we discuss rather embarrassing moments, the iPhone 7’s features!
Give this one a listen. Great episode guys. Enjoy.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True Pride is a wealth creation service who work with ambitious individuals & families looking to take control, worry less & get ahead. If you’re looking for a way to take control, worry less and get ahead when it comes to your money, True Pride is a wealth coaching business that will provide you with the tools you need to fast track this. Head to www.truepride.com.au/ADVF the joining fee of $297 when you book a call via the website.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://www.themindroom.com.au/about-us/
- Michael’s update for the last six months. [06:10]
- How can mindfulness helps athletes? [07:25]
- How can an athlete lose their attention? [09:00]
- Michael explains how breathing helps to release stress and anxiety. [14:50]
- Practices in the game. [16:40]
- Six practices in mental skills. [24:00]
- Routine preparation. [26:40]
- How do you introduce mindfulness meditation? [31:10]
- Mind and body connectivity. [35:55]
- The effect of nutrition on our body. [38:10]
- How can we fight depression? [47:50]
- The most important part to fight against depression. [54:35]
- What led you to be part of mental health study? [59:10]
- Helping someone who has past traumatic experience. [1:01:00]
- The impact of meditation. [1:04:25]
- The Good, Bad, and Science. [1:05:00]
- What was the weirdest thing that you have done while completely naked? [1:06:10]
- Is there possible health benefits from marijuana? [1:08:25]
- The newest iPhone 7’s features. [1:15:30]
- What books would you recommend? [1:20:20]
- If you have one more day, how would you spend it? [1:22:00]
- Informal practice
- Physical fatigue
- Tibetan Monk
- Adam Rozenbachs
- Ben Bergeron
- Tim Ferriss
- Iphone 7
- Artist’s Way
- Costa Rica