A former college wrestler from a family of standout athletes, Chris Spealler quickly became one of CrossFit’s leading ambassadors, impressing and inspiring newcomers to the sport with his underdog spirit, unequaled work ethic, and warm personality. A competitor at the very first CrossFit Games in 2007, he would eventually collect a pair of Southwest Regional titles and three Top 10 finishes at the Games (2007, 2008, 2010).
For any aspiring athlete, this conversation is definitely worth a listen to. It’s interesting in more ways than one though, as it gives us a look at how a professional works and functions day to day, and in the main event. Another one for the books, guys!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True Pride is a wealth creation service who work with ambitious individuals & families looking to take control, worry less & get ahead. If you’re looking for a way to take control, worry less and get ahead when it comes to your money, True Pride is a wealth coaching business that will provide you with the tools you need to fast track this. Head to www.truepride.com.au/ADVF the joining fee of $297 when you book a call via the website.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://iconathlete.com/
- Facebook Page - Chris Spealler
- Instagram Account - @cspealler
- Twitter Account - @cspealler
- Tommy’s tribute. [3:50]
- Chris talks about himself on how he started CrossFit. [06:15]
- Things that shape Chris’ life now. [07:10]
- How was your life five years ago? [08:57]
- What made you decide to have a coach as an athlete? [10:05]
- A comparison of CrossFit now and then. [14:10]
- Evolution of CrossFit weightlifting. [15:55]
- His thoughts on gun rights for CrossFit athletes. [21:25]
- Chris’ daily training workout. [26:35]
- What does your day look like on the last day of the competition? [27:30]
- Did you enjoy your training? [29:40]
- Training before the regionals. [31:45]
- How do you prepare your workouts for upcoming events? [32:50]
- Chris’ mindset when competing in regionals. [35;00]
- Gymnastics and barbell movements. [37:05]
- The worst moment for Chris in CrossFit. [40:35]
- 6 from 6. [43:15]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [43:35]
- What is your dream destination? [43:00]
- What books would you recommend? [43:23]
- Who is your biggest role model? [44:40]
- What are the things that you do in your downtime? [45:30]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would they be? [45:45]
- Third Eye Blind
- Adee Cazayoux
- Iron Cross
- Handstand push-up
- Matt Frazer
- Farmer’s carry
- British Columbia
- The shack
- Downhill Biking