Sara Hendershot is an American rower and she has competed in the 2012 Summer Olympics. Sara played soccer and swimming in high school, but began rowing full-time in college at Princeton University. She was named a Division I First-Team All-American her junior and senior years of college.
Sara starts with giving us her background and how she got into rowing. Since she started early on, we ask her what her training was like back in high school and what training techniques she made use of. She also tells us about how school plays a part in terms of sports.
The next point of interest that Sara shares with us is how she went olympic. She tells us what motivates her, as well as ask her how she improved on her technique. She also gives us a couple of terms that are used in boating.
“What is the qualifying process to be an olympian? What’s it like in the Olympic Village?” We ask her these questions and she tells us about her olympic experience. Sara shares with us her plans to compete in Rio, as well as the things that keep her motivated.
Sara tells us about how her mindset changed after getting injured. She also gives us some insight as to how CrossFit has helped her become a better athlete. After that, we change it up a bit and Sara shares about the imbalances in her life that she needs to work on. She then tells us about how things have changed in her life from then on.
Finally, she tells us about the importance of skill and strength when it comes to your foundation. She also answers our questions on what her nutrition and diet are like.
Some of us dream to compete in the olympics, and here we have one amazing person who has lived that dream and had the experience. Great insights into the life of an athlete and some interesting points make for another great episode.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True Pride is a wealth creation service who work with ambitious individuals & families looking to take control, worry less & get ahead. If you’re looking for a way to take control, worry less and get ahead when it comes to your money, True Pride is a wealth coaching business that will provide you with the tools you need to fast track this. Head to www.truepride.com.au/ADVF the joining fee of $297 when you book a call via the website.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://www.projectunlockpotential.com/
- Instagram Account - @sarahendershot
- Twitter - @SaraHendershot
- Tommy’s tribute. [06:10]
- Sara tells about her background and how she got into rowing. [08:00]
- What is your training look like when you were in high school? [11:28]
- Training techniques in an early age. [15:40]
- The role of school in terms of sports. [18:05]
- Where did you start in rowing? [19:33]
- Sara’s diet while she’s very young. [20:15]
- Her way going to Olympic. [21:10]
- Sara’s motivation. [24:43]
- How do you improve your technique? [28:04]
- Boating terms. [29:30]
- What is the qualifying process to be an olympian? [30:35]
- What is it in the Olympic Village? [39:00]
- Planning to compete in Rio. [40:30]
- Things that keep Sara motivated. [44:40]
- Her mindset after her regular training pre-injury. [45:55]
- How CrossFit helps her to become a better athlete? [46:25]
- Imbalances that Sarah needs to work on.[47:55]
- Sara gives example of what she’s doing in a day compared to what she did before. [49:20]
- The importance of skill and strength foundation. [52:20]
- What is your nutrition and diet like? [53:20]
- 6 from 6. [56:20]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [57:15]
- What is your dream destination? [58:20]
- What books would you recommend? [59:15]
- What are the things that you do in your downtime? [59:55]
- Who is your biggest role model? [1:00:55]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would they be? [1:01:45]
- Robert Kabbas
- Rio Olympics
- Olympic Village
- Paleo diet
- Bled, Slovenia
- Win Forever
- Janet evans
- Robin Williams
- Amelia Earhart