Dr. Danny Penman is a qualified meditation teacher and award-winning writer and journalist. He currently writes features for the UK Daily Mail, having previously worked for the BBC, New Scientist and the Independent newspaper. He is co-author of the international bestseller Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World.
Danny starts with telling us an interesting story behind their book, The Mindfulness Meditation. Next, he talks about how he’s achieved being able to recover from injuries through meditation. He then shares some good recommendations for people who suffer from anxiety and depression.
He defines what mindfulness meditation is and then proceeds to tell us about how you can achieve control of your own mind and how easy it is. He gives us a comparison between transcendental and mindfulness meditation. After that, he tells us about how mindfulness meditation works.
Danny shares with us some daily meditative routines, and expresses why it is important to make time for meditation. He also tells us about a good time for meditating. He talks about the difference between his three books and shares with us how he eradicate anxiety through mindfulness. Finally, he tells us the best way to meditate.
Training the body is important, but so is the mind. If you can’t come to a good balance between your physical and mental self, then you’ll find yourself not getting the results that you wanted in the first place. This was a very enlightening talk, which also makes this a really great episode for all of you guys. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True Pride is a wealth creation service who work with ambitious individuals & families looking to take control, worry less & get ahead. If you’re looking for a way to take control, worry less and get ahead when it comes to your money, True Pride is a wealth coaching business that will provide you with the tools you need to fast track this. Head to www.truepride.com.au/ADVF the joining fee of $297 when you book a call via the website.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://franticworld.com/
- Facebook Page - Mindfulness : An Eight-week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World
- Tommy touches on the book, The Mindfulness Meditation. [4:15]
- Tommy’s tribute. [05:50]
- An interesting story behind the book. [08:10]
- How he recovers his injury through meditation? [11:30]
- A good recommendation for people who suffer from anxiety and depression. [14:15]
- The definition of mindfulness meditation. [16:20]
- How easily can you control your mind? [19:43]
- Transcendental meditation compared to mindfulness meditation. [21:40]
- How mindfulness meditation works? [24:30]
- Danny’s daily meditative routine. [31:20]
- Making a time for meditation. [32:50]
- A good time of meditating. [34:00]
- The Differences and benefits from his three books. [36:25]
- How mindfulness helps Danny to eradicate anxiety? [42:10]
- The best way of meditating. [45:20]
- The thing that makes him proud from his book. [47:45]
- 6 from 6. [49:00]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [49:17]
- What is your dream destination? [50:50]
- What books would you recommend? [51:25]
- What are the things that you do in your downtime? [53:12]
- Who is your biggest role model? [54:10]
- When you could invite three people to dinner, who would they be? [55:15]
- Transcendental meditation
- Tim Ferriss
- The Mindfulness in a Frantic World
- The Mindfulness for Health
- The Mindfulness for Creativity
- Michael Inglis
- Lord of the Rings
- Game of Thrones
- George Washington