Sports have been a part of Julien’s life since he was young and he’s been a state and national champion in a number of sports including soccer, swimming and wrestling.
We start off with Julien giving us a little background about himself. After that he tells us about how he got started with competing in different types of sports. He goes into more detail about this and talks about his life in the world of MMA and how he moved onto becoming a coach.
Julien goes on to talk about how he found ways to become a better coach, as well as how you can do it as well. He tells us about the importance of focusing on people’s “how and why”, and also shares with us the story about a 60-year-old man who came into his gym. Further in, we talk about changing CrossFit and the deadlift.
This is such a great episode! So many wonderful insights and so much to take away from it. We know you guys will love it.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - www.strongfit.com
- Facebook - Julien Strongfit Pineau
- Instagram - julienpineau1
- YouTube - Strongfit
- Tommy’s tribute. [4:05]
- Julien tells a little bit about himself. [6:06]
- Jullen shares how he started in different sports competition. [7:36]
- His life in MMA and how he became a coach. [9:55]
- His coaching style and athlete training. [10:30]
- The good things about crossfit. [18:00]
- Understanding body intensity. [22:30]
- How he got his sources to become a better coach? [29:17]
- Julien explains how to become a better coach. [33:35]
- The importance of focusing on their “How and Why”. [36:50]
- A story of a 60-year-old guy who came into his gym. [38:30]
- The prehab and rehab. [43:57]
- The effects of anxiety to athletes. [47:14]
- Undeveloped body part. [49:45]
- Talking about lats and developing it. [53:19]
- Changing CrossFit. [1:03:15]
- Engaging the lats more. [1:05:40]
- An argument of Julien and Mike. [1:10:59]
- Julien explains what hinge means. [1:16:10]
- What is deadlift? [1:18:40]
- Proper squatting. [1:26:10]
- Julien’s workout looks like. [1:27:12]
- 6 from 6 [1:29:30]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [1:30:52]
- What is your dream destination? [1:31:00]
- What books would you recommend? [1:32:35]
- What are the things that you will do when you have spare time? [1:36:00]
- Who is your biggest role model? [1:37:00]
- When you could invite three people to dinner, who would they be? [1:37:50]
- Greg Glassman
- Leonardo De Vinci
- Ben Bergeron
- Mike Burgener
- Robert Kabbas
- Kudahuvadhoo Island
- Physics of Impossible
- Charlie Munger