Ky Furneaux is an Australian outdoor guide, TV host, survival expert and stunt person who has appeared in over 50 films and TV productions.
We start off with Ky sharing with us the nickname we gave her then proceeds to telling us about herself. We ask her how she got into being a stunt-performer. She goes into the details and also lets us know about the kind of training that people in this field undergo. She also tells us about the movies that she’s been in.
Ky had stunt-doubled for Jaimie Alexander in Marvel’s Thor and she details that experience with us. She talks about the overall highlights of her career, like how she won the Taurus Stunt Award and work in other movies. She also talks about what it’s like to get naked in front of the camera. Movies aside, we also talk about her skills as a survival expert.
This is another great episode, one that’s full of entertainment. We got to briefly look into the life of a person that helps make movies awesome! We know you guys will love this episode.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
Carve is a company that specializes in anything digital from building apps, designing a logo, automating your business down to setting up your next event. Carve is the partner to be when you want to have more time to focus on the things you love and scale your business. Get10 hours free on any project by heading to www.carve.ph/ADVF.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://kyfurneaux.com/
- Facebook - Ky Furneaux
- Instagram - kyfurneaux
- YouTube - Ky Furneaux
- Twitter - @kyfurneaux
- Ky’s first nickname she got from ADVF Radio. [04:43]
- Ky tells us a little bit about herself. [05:45]
- How she became a stunt-performer? [07:44]
- A stunt-performer’s fight training. [10:40]
- Movies she has been in. [11:40]
- Ky on the movie, Dead Like Me. [17:08]
- How many days of filming for a stunt-performer? [22:26]
- Making money in the movie industry. [23:45]
- Injuries during filming extreme scenes. [24:58]
- Auditions to become a stunt-performer. [25:55]
- The acting side of Ky. [41:45]
- Her experience on the movie, Thor. [33:50]
- Overall highlights of her career. [37:10]
- World’s Stunt Awards. [39:20]
- Ky on the movie, The Purge Anarchy. [42:10]
- Ky shares her survival story. [49:25]
- Getting naked in front of the camera. [55:00]
- Where do you get the skills to be a survival expert? [1:01:16]
- Ky’s big plans. [1:09:40]
- Ky’s overall dream. [1:10:50]
- 6 from 6. [1:11:56]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [1:12:17]
- What is your dream destination? [1:15:47]
- What books would you recommend? [1:17:58]
- What are the things that you will do when you have spare time? [1:21:23
- Who is your biggest role model? [1:22:50:]
- When you could invite three people to dinner, who would they be? [1:24:27]