We start with the topic of the CrossFit Open - the precursor to the 2017 CrossFit Games! Tommy shares with us his intention to join the competition, as well as how he is prepping for it. Doc joins Tommy and they talk about some weightlifting workouts. We end up finding about Doc’s worst score during his time in joining a CrossFit competition.
Change of topics and we get treated to a flashback of Doc’s time in football. The discussion moves onto body types and how, in China, it reflects which sports a person would be suited to. Finally, they talk about the world’s strongest man of all time, as well as about the introduction of drugs into sports and the possibility of legalizing PED’s.
This has been another great episode. We talk of fitness, the ongoing CrossFit Open, and about the possible future of the sports world. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- What’s going on with the first week open CrossFit competition? [04:45]
- Crossfit’s website get crashing. [06:40]
- Tommy’s preparation for the open. [09:10]
- Doc and Tommy on weightlifting workouts. [13:35]
- Doc’s worst score he ever got in CrossFit competition. [16:34]
- CrossFit workouts for injured athletes. [21:00]
- A flashback to Doc’s football life-story. [22:10]
- Choosing what kind of sports according to body type in China. [27:35]
- Pumping a drug into sports. [32:25]
- World’s strongest man of all time. [38:00]
- Testosterone test exemption. [40:45]
- Legalizing PED in every sports. [42:45]
- Powerlifting in two different federation. [48:10]
- Comparison of the best Crossfitters. [50:22]
- Busted athletes because of PED. [52:40]
- Breaking down diet 50 years ago. [56:40]
- A puzzle from Tommy. [1:00:20]
- Open CrossFit
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Mariusz Pudzianowski
- Lance Armstrong
- Stephen Curry
- Rich Froning
- Mathew Fraser
- Usian Bolt