Jared Fleming is an American weightlifter and has been competing for 12 years. He is currently the head weightlifting coach for The Outlaw Way and a member of Team MDUSA.
We start with asking Jared about how he performed in the CrossFit Open. We then talk about his transition from being a weightlifter to a CrossFitter. We also learn about a conversation Jared had with Mat Fraser, and he expounds on the beauty of CrossFit, as well as the sport vs weightlifting.
We next talk about the importance of music when it comes to doing lifts, as well as how you can use banter to keep your mind focused on things. Jared shares a personal and interesting story and after that proceeds to talk about meditation. He talks about the benefits of meditating longer, and even shares some advice for our listeners.
This is definitely a great episode with some great advice coming from a pro athlete himself. There will be plenty to take away from this, and we hope you guys love it!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
- Introducing Jared. [05:45]
- How’s CrossFit open for Jared? [06:20]
- From American weightlifter to CrossFit athlete. [07:40]
- Talking to Mat Fraser. [10:25]
- The beauty of CrossFit. [11:45]
- Weightlifting vs CrossFit. [13:17]
- How does weightlifting help Jared meditate? [17:05]
- The importance of listening to music while lifting. [18:40]
- Using banter to keep your mind on things. [22:10]
- A personal and interesting story from Jared. [28:33]
- Avoiding eye contact. [31:27]
- The amount of meditation per day. [38:15]
- Jared learned very precious from Ben Bergeron. [37:15]
- Benefits of longer meditation per day. [39:20]
- Understanding right perspective. [42:24]
- Jared’s spiritual enlightenment. [44:50]
- Finding happiness. [52:50]
- What’s next for Jared? [54:43]
- How Jared expanding himself? [56:50]
- Spiritual enlightenment without using DMT. [1:00:00]
- The book that Jared read when he was in Mexico. [1:06:25]
- Jared’s meditation advices to the listeners. [1:09:15]
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.