Edward "Ed" Ignatius Coan is an American powerlifter. He is widely regarded throughout the powerlifting world as the greatest powerlifter of all time. Coan has set over 71 world records in powerlifting.
Ed Coan has come over to Australia so Doc and Tommy ask what he’s doing over there. The convo proceeds into how Ed got started with getting into strength sports. They also talk about how to balance a diet for powerlifting, and Ed shares about his career progression.
The topics get better as they start to talk about what it means to set achievable goals, learn about Ed’s training program, as well as about how he works on his weak points. Later on they shift to talk about Ed’s career highlights, the powerlifting industry at present, and we get some recommendations from the man himself.
This is definitely an episode that you guys are gonna love. We’ve got some very wise words from a living legend for you - and much later on, some poop stories. Plenty of insights mixed with entertainment for all of your listening pleasure. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Ed is introduced. [4:35]
- Tommy’s Tribute. [5:00]
- Doc asks what Ed is doing over in Australia. [6:35]
- What got Ed into strength sports. [7:51]
- Building the body. [10:26]
- Balancing the diet. [11:13]
- Ed’s career progression. [12:46]
- Setting achievable goals. [14:00]
- Doc’s conversation with an Uber driver. [15:22]
- A look into Ed’s training program. [15:58]
- Doc gets his fingers squished. [17:27]
- Working on weaknesses. [18:01]
- Ed says he researched everything and was his own coach. [18:43]
- Ed’s career highlights. [19:21]
- Talk on weigh ins and possible dangers. [20:18]
- Ed’s thoughts on the current powerlifting industry. [25:11]
- CrossFit saved powerlifting. [25:47]
- How does Ed build strength? [28:40]
- Ed’s program recommendations. [30:10]
- Nutrition for powerlifting. [32:36]
- Ed on his bedtime muffin and milk. [34:35]
- Ed’s mindset during lifts. [35:01]
- Ed talks about his knee injury. [37:07]
- Favorite powerlifters today. [39:57]
- Does Ed coach?. [42:27]
- Stepping up to the bar. [44:49]
- PED’s in powerlifting. [47:28]
- Image after being exposed about taking PED’s. [55:47]
- 6 From 6. [57:47]
- What’s Ed’s favorite destination on the planet? [57:55]
- What’s Ed’s dream destination? [58:53]
- What books does Ed recommend? [1:01:13]
- Who is Ed’s inspiration? [1:03:33]
- If you could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:05:09]
- How can people find Ed? [1:06:03]
- Poop stories[1:08:53]
- Dan Millman - Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- The Wet Fish
- Ed Coan Injury
- Ed Coan - The Man, The Myth, The Method