Mike Rashid is a former professional boxer and power bodybuilder. He is the owner of Iron Addicts Gym in Miami, the president of Gifted Nutrition and CEO of Interstellar Media. He is also the author of the Overtraining series of eBooks.
The boys start by asking Mike what brings him over to Melbourne, and the convo quickly moves to about what it feels like to be able to reach people, travel and inspire them. Things go off tangent for a bit and later on Doc and Tommy ask what made Mike such a good trainer.
There’s talk of aesthetics versus lifestyle and function, using fear as a motivator and about Mike’s boxing career. They also explore how to stay calm and get focused during fights, and Doc shares a story about the only time in his life he’s ever punched someone in the face. Later in they talk about training methods and cover plenty of other things.
This has been an absolutely amazing episode! Lots of topics covered making for a good, long convo. There’s plenty for you guys to listen in on, and you can definitely find something to take away from this one. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - www.mikerashid.com
- Facebook - Mike Rashid
- Instagram - mikerashid
- Twitter - @mikerashid7
- YouTube - Mike Rashid
- Tommy’s Tribute. [5:02]
- What brings Mike to Melbourne? [7:10]
- How does it feel to have reach? [8:26]
- Getting good and being able to travel and inspire. [9:30]
- Going off tangent and a little about Mike. [9:31]
- Back to the question. [11:48]
- What made Mike such a good trainer? [12:50]
- Aesthetic VS. lifestyle and function. [15:30]
- Views on bodybuilding and posing. [20:00]
- Being great but not being great to be around. [21:03]
- Fear for motivation. [21:34]
- Mike’s boxing career. [23:51]
- Staying calm in a fight and getting focused. [27:39]
- Doc story about the only time he punched someone in the face. [31:18]
- When friends get matched against each other. [33:17]
- Mike on his training career. [34:43]
- Mike on going viral on Youtube. [41:25]
- Training methods. [43:33]
- Different training for different people. [45:30]
- What’s Mike been up to lately? [46:21]
- Doc on training people and having to give it up. [47:55]
- What does Mike’s day-to-day look like right now? [48:18]
- Mike on eating one meal a day and nutrition. [52:20]
- What does Mike eat?. [54:50]
- More on eating. [55:42]
- What does Mike focus on at present when training? [56:52]
- Doc on fitness problems caused by Instagram and Mike’s input. [59:40]
- Mike’s unpopular perspective. [1:02:00]
- Mike on leadership. [1:03:00]
- Training your mind. [1:04:50]
- Pushing people forward positively. [1:06:11]
- Quality over quantity in what you produce. [1:07:00]
- On society being driven by negativity. [1:09:00]
- Interstellar. [1:11:36]
- Fitness and life. [1:15:24]
- 6 From 6. [1:19:14]
- What is Mike’s favorite travel destination? [1:19:32]
- What is Mike’s dream destination? [1:20:40]
- What books does Mike recommend? [1:21:46]
- What does Mike like to do in his spare time? [1:23:36]
- Who inspires Mike?? [1:24:09]
- If Mike could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:27:49]
- Mike Rashid - Over training chest video
- Mike Rashid Mental Jewels
- Interstellar - Kip Thorne
- Kip Thorne - The Science of Interstellar
- The Prestige
- Lao Tzu - Tao Te Ching
- Dan Millman - Body Mind Mastery
- Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Emanuel Steward
- Larry David