Dr. John Rusin is not your run of the mill physical therapist. He is into the field of sports performance physical therapy and seeks to create impressive and diverse life-altering programs that bridge the gap between high-performance strength and conditioning and cutting-edge rehabilitation methodology.
John starts by telling us a little about himself, as well as some history -- why he’s in his field and profession, along with some talk about his sports experiences back in the day. He even shares about the time he got a UCL injury, and having to give up baseball. He also talks about why he’s so passionate about his field.
The topic shifts towards more specific subjects as Doc and Tommy begin to ask John about things like common reasons for injury, bio-mechanics, and about a certain weakness in people. They also talk about arthrokinematics, effective warm ups and about the functional hypertrophy program.
This episode is a gem! John has talked about some very good points that the lot of you will definitely learn from. Enjoy the podcast, guys!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - https://drjohnrusin.com/
- Facebook - Dr. John Rusin
- Instagram - drjohnrusin
- Twitter - @JohnRusin
- YouTube - John Rusin
- Tommy’s Tribute. [4:01]
- John tells us a little about himself. [5:28]
- Doc asks John why he wanted to be in his field. [5:58]
- John talks about his sports in highschool & college. [6:52]
- John’s UCL (ulnar collateral ligament) injury. [9:03]
- John on having to give up baseball & the aftermath. [10:38]
- What makes John passionate in his field today? [12:21]
- Tommy asks about common reasons for injury. [13:49]
- Tommy on bio-mechanics. [15:17]
- Sports injuries that John has seen. [15:59]
- Doc briefly on his lower back issues. [18:43]
- Doc asks John why he says people are weak. [19:10]
- Neurological pathways for correct muscle firing sequence. [22:28]
- John on arthrokinematics. [23:40]
- Doc asks John about 6 minute warm ups. [25:30]
- More on effective warm ups. [30:40]
- Tommy asks John about his clean and deadlift movements. [37:07]
- Optimising core stiffness through bracing. [42:30]
- John’s functional hypertrophy training & other programs. [44:11]
- 6 From 6. [49:27]
- What is John’s favorite travel destination? [49:45]
- What is John’s dream destination? [50:05]
- What books does John recommend? [50:39]
- What does John like to do in his downtime? [51:15]
- Who inspires John? [51:55]
- If John could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [53:16]
- Ulnar collateral ligament
- Christian Thibaudeau
- FHT Program
- Greg McKeown - Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less