Dr Jordan Shallow is a graduate of the 135th class of Palmer College of Chiropractic West, but his passion for human movement goes far beyond the classroom. With a critical mind and a decade of training/strength and conditioning under his belt he brings an experience level far beyond his years.
Right into the thick of it from the start as the boys ask Jordan about what brings him over to Australia. They start to talk about Jordan’s professional background, shed some light on chiropracting and about how he got into powerlifting. After that, they talk about the Arnold Classic and about how Jordan has built his brand.
Things get a bit more in-depth business wise as Jordan talks about how he differentiates his brand from others, but things take a different turn when they start talking about meeting the celebrities of the strength and fitness world. Later into the convo and they talk about nutrition, movies, and even share some stories of projectile vomiting.
There’s a good balance of humor and learning in this podcast, and you guys are sure to love it. Tune in, enjoy and take away what you will from another great episode!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - https://themuscledoc.com/
- Facebook - The Muscle Doc: Dr. Jordan Shallow D.C
- Instagram - the_muscle_doc
- Twitter - @the_muscle_doc
- YouTube - The Muscle Doc
- Tommy’s Tribute. [4:35]
- What brings Jordan over to Australia? [5:53]
- Jordan’s professional background. [7:32]
- Shedding some light on chiropracting. [9:52]
- Jordan on getting started with powerlifting. [11:32]
- Getting invited to the Arnold Classic. [14:14]
- Jordan on building his brand. [16:50]
- How does Jordan differentiate his brand & seminars from others? [20:00]
- Exercising correctly before implementing corrective exercises. [25:52]
- Meeting celebrities. [28:26]
- Jordan meets Arnold Schwarzenegger. [32:06]
- Talking about movies. [34:17]
- Jordan’s nutrition as a powerlifter. [35:50]
- A look into Jordan’s training cycle. [41:12]
- Nutrition for & about weigh-ins. [44:58]
- Watching what you eat before competitions & gaining back the weight. [46:57]
- Stories of projectile vomit. [49:58]
- Aiming for numbers in lifting. [52:01]
- Talking about documentaries. [55:27]
- Jordan on his dislike for the social media side of things. [57:50]
- Doc talks about his experience with social media & instant fame. [1:01:35]
- Why strength sports will never be serious & monetizing socials. [1:04:40]
- 6 From 6. [1:06:26]
- What is Jordan’s favorite travel destination? [1:06:42]
- What is Jordan’s dream travel destination? [1:08:02]
- What books does Jordan recommend? [1:10:18]
- What does Jordan like to do in his spare time? [1:11:32]
- Who inspires Jordan? [1:13:01]
- If Jordan could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:14:22]
- Dan Green
- Brian Shaw
- Ronnie Coleman
- Hafthor Julius Bjornsson
- Generation Iron
- Thomas Myers - Anatomy Trains
- Stuart McGill - Ultimate Back Fitness and Performance
- Malcolm Gladwell - Blink
- Malcolm Gladwell - Outliers