Zac Grgurevic and Daniel Katz are weightlifters.They are aiming to quality for the upcoming Commonwealth Games in 2018.
The boys kick it off really well and share a good few minutes of playful banter between them. We then ask what’s going on with Zac and Dan. They talk about the process for making the Commonwealth Games, and they talk a little about the competition they will be facing.
We go a bit more in depth as Zac and Dan start to talk about their sports psychology and nutrition, but the conversation takes another turn as they talk about Zac being a food-eating monster, Portugal and its legalization of drugs, and Doc regales us with a story about the mysterious Chloe.
This is another amazing episode. Great balance between humor and a wide range of topics. You guys are definitely going to enjoy this episode!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s Tribute. [3:58]
- Playful banter between the boys. [5:02]
- What’s happening with Zac & Dan. [9:52]
- The process for making the Commonwealth Games. [12:08]
- The competition, Francois Etoundi. [14:02]
- Zac on making the games. [18:45]
- What Dan does to get into the right frame of mind. [21:20]
- Changing it up to get good results. [23:44]
- Doc on the mysterious Chloe. [26:30]
- Moustache or moustache? [33:16]
- Back on track with Zac’s sports psychology. [34:20]
- Zac on changes in his nutrition. [38:30]
- Zac, devourer of food. [42:39]
- Zac continues about his nutrition. [46:05]
- Doc on footy clubs. [48:33]
- Portugal legalizing drugs. [52:28]
- The Methadone program. [55:39]
- Dopamine makes breaking rules feel better. [56:58]
- Changes in Daniel’s diet leading up to competitions. [59:17]
- Slower metabolism & getting bigger with age. [1:01:23]
- About the AWF. [1:03:16]
- Growth of the Australian weightlifting scene. [1:06:25]
- Increase of quantity but loss of quality in weightlifting. [1:11:07]
- CrossFit’s positive effect on weightlifting. [1:13:18]
- 6 From 6. [1:14:11]
- What are Zac & Dan’s favorite travel destinations? [1:15:00]
- What are Zac & Dan’s dream travel destinations? [1:16:40]
- What books do Zac & Dan recommend? [1:17:55]
- What do Zac & Dan do in their spare time? [1:20:11]
- Who are the people that inspire Zac & Dan? [1:25:55]
- If Zac & Dan could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:30:24]
- Ruslan Nurudinov
- Commonwealth Games
- Francois Etoundi
- Portugal decriminalizes drugs
- Methadone Clinic
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Winston Churchill
- Jordan Peterson
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
- Kevin Maurer - Lions of Kandahar: The Story of A Fight Against All Odds
- Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo
- Og Mandino - The Greatest Salesman in the World
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn - The Gulag Archipelago