Tony Sentmanat is a Marine Corps Veteran and retired Law Enforcement SWAT Operator with almost 20 years of Real World experience. He is a lifelong practitioner in Mixed Martial Arts with extensive experience as a Law Enforcement Combative Trainer and has been a Firearms Instructor for over 17 years.
We start with having Tony share about his background, what he does, and how his business came about. He then shares a bit about his experience with being a cop in Miami. In lieu of that, Doc asks Tony if he’s ever felt out of depth while he was still on the beat. After that, Tony shares further about a what it feels like to be in a shitstorm, and he talks about disassociation.
The convo remains interesting as they get into talking about in-depth topics; Doc asks about undercover work, dealing with high stakes situations and with the bad guys. Much later on, Tommy asks Tony about his view on American’s being able to own guns, and Tony responds with how that relates to making sure to be well trained to handle firearms.
This was a very interesting episode, and another one of the greats! Tony has plenty of real-world experience, and this has given us a bit of a look at the life of a genuine badass. Enjoy the episode guys!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - www.realworld-tactical.com
- Facebook - Tony Sentmanat - Realworld Tactical
- Instagram - realworld_tactical
- YouTube - RealWorld Tactical
- Tommy’s Tribute. [5:26]
- Tony’s background & what he does. [6:42]
- Doc asks Tony how his business came about. [7:22]
- Experience with being a cop in Miami. [10:16]
- Doc asks Tony if he’s ever felt out of depth while he was a cop. [12:12]
- Experience of being in a shitstorm. [13:33]
- Tony on disassociation between work & life. [17:33]
- Doc asks about undercover work. [20:23]
- Tommy asks about dealing with high stakes situations. [22:45]
- Making the cut. [26:21]
- Dealing with the bad guys. [28:34]
- Doc & Tony on police having to be “on” all the time. [30:17]
- Lack of training in law enforcement. [32:33]
- Cop training & the physical aspect. [36:27]
- Tony on his clients with Real World Tactical. [41:05]
- Tommy asks Tony about his view on American’s being able to own guns. [43:23]
- Training people under pressure. [46:25]
- Tony sharing a real world scenario. [51:11]
- The end goal of Real World Tactical. [52:37]
- 6 From 6. [56:41]
- What is Tony’s favorite travel destination? [56:48]
- What is Tony’s dream destination? [57:51]
- What books does Tony recommend? [58:13]
- What does Tony like to do in his spare time? [1:00:10]
- Who has inspired Tony? [1:01:14]
- If Tony could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:02:32]