Tommy Hackenbruck is the owner of UTE CrossFit. He is a former CrossFit athlete and current professional coach.
Tommy gives us a short timeline of his life leading up to his CrossFit and coaching careers. Doc asks him what his drive is at the present, as well as what excites him as a coach.
Tommy talks about the difference in coaching newbies vs. seasoned athletes. He also goes into the topic of putting together winning teams and how to get them working together.
Another episode down! It was great to have this legend on the show, and it’s great to hear some in-depth talk on coaching. We hope you guys have plenty to take away from this one.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://utecrossfit.com/
- Facebook - Tommy Hackenbruck
- Twitter - @TommyHacksaw
- Instagram - tommyhacksaw
- Tommy’s Tribute. [5:03]
- A short timeline of Tommy’s life. [6:33]
- Doc asks Tommy what’s driving him at present. [8:23]
- Doc asks Tommy what excites him coaching-wise. [10:25]
- Differences in coaching newbies & seasoned athletes. [15:30]
- Getting teams to work together. [18:54]
- Putting together a winning team. [21:55]
- Doing what needs to be done as a coach. [26:54]
- Managing a successful gym, promoting good culture. [30:10]
- 6 From 6. [35:30]
- What is Tommy’s favorite travel destination? [35:45]
- What is Tommy’s dream travel destination? [36:24]
- What books does Tommy recommend? [38:23]
- What does Tommy like to do when he has free time? [40:35]
- Who does Tommy look up to? [41:14]
- If Tommy could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [42:12]