Darrell Wade is the Executive Chair and co-founder of Intrepid Travel. He’s an avid traveler, very well-traveled, and unlike others, he does not sport a beard.
Darrell starts us off with his background, then Doc asks him about how he got started with getting into travel. After that, they go into how it was starting out with Intrepid Travel, its first few struggling years and its growth.
Later on, they start talking about social media and how that’s completely changed the game. They get into the business side of things as well, such as the goal of a business and the importance of being progressive.
Definitely another grade-A episode right here. Getting Darrell onto the show was great, and he had lots of stuff to say that you can take away from. Tune in, guys! This one’s a hit.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Darrell gives us his background. [5:22]
- Doc asks Darrell how he got started with traveling. [6:08]
- Starting Intrepid Travel. [8:59]
- Doc asks Darrell about the first few years of Intrepid Travel. [12:55]
- Choosing who to listen to when business is hard. [16:16]
- Growing Intrepid Travel. [17:53]
- The tipping point. [19:13]
- Capitalizing on social media. [22:22]
- Doc asks Darrell about his thoughts of the aim of a business. [25:34]
- Tommy asks Darrell about the importance of being progressive. [28:16]
- Doc asks Darrell about how he sees his role in his business. [31:02]
- The future for Intrepid Travel. [32:46]
- Virtual reality changing the game. [35:35]
- 6 From 6. [39:50]
- What is Darrell’s favorite travel destination? [40:03]
- What is Darrell’s dream travel destination? [42:17]
- What books/podcasts does Darrell recommend? [43:40]
- What does Darrell like to do when he has free time? [45:49]
- Who does Darrell look up to? [47:25]
- If Darrell could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [49:08]