Mr. Andrew D. Lock, (Master of Physiotherapy, and a whole lot more), the self-appraised Genius Physiotherapist and one of the most sought after rehabilitation specialists worldwide.
Doc starts us off with asking Andrew about his history as well as why he chose to pursue physiotherapy. They then get into talking about proper lifting technique and some of the training issues that people face.
Later on, they talk about what it takes to be an amazing coach, and Andrew shares about his approach to working with his clients. He also talks about how weight training is a process that takes time and dedication, and much later in, Andrew rips pilates a new one.
Great episode, guys! Plenty of in-depth information for you to take away from this one. Tune in and enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s Tribute. [7:55]
- Andrew on his history and background. [9:37]
- Doc asks Andrew what makes him different as a physiotherapist. [12:06]
- Andrew’s reason for pursuing physiotherapy. [14:30]
- Training issues that people face in the spinal area. [17:51]
- Talking about proper lifting technique. [21:14]
- Getting maximum strength for lifts. [23:00]
- Transitioning athletes that want to take the next step. [25:31]
- Teaching the proper technique as a coach. [28:56]
- What it takes to be a good coach. [30:05]
- Andrew’s approach to working with clients. [31:15]
- Learning to brace. [34:36]
- Weight training as a process. [36:50]
- Andrew on getting people back to their coaches. [39:11]
- Andrew on pilates. [41:59]
- Balance vs. stability. [45:37]
- Rehabilitating the movement. [47:28]
- Evolution becoming a factor in injuries. [48:15]
- Doc asks Andrew how long it takes to rehabilitate bad training. [52:04]
- CrossFit being the greatest thing happening to health and fitness. [55:25]
- 6 From 6. [56:31]
- What is Andrew’s favorite travel destination? [56:58]
- What is Andrew’s dream travel destination? [57:33]
- What books does Andrew recommend? [58:24]
- What does Andrew like to do when he has free time? [58:57]
- Who does Andrew look up to? [59:40]
- If Andrew could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:00:19]
- Charles Bukowski books
- Hunter S. Thompson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Functional Strength Rehabilitation