Daniel Katz and Zac Grgurevic are both national champion weightlifters in Australia. They are both on their way to representing the country in the Commonwealth Games come next year.
Doc kicks it into gear by asking Zac and Dan about the results of their recent competition. Dan mentions that he has gone up a level, and they start to talk about how he went on to gain some weight. Doc then treats us to a story about Dan’s father, then the boys move on to talking about a guy named Boris.
From weightlifting and playful banter, the convo takes a very big turn as the topic shifts onto social and cultural issues in the world today, as well as political alignments, social media - literally a whole bunch of different and very interesting topics.
This is an absolute blast of an episode, guys! Make sure to tune in to catch everything that was covered. You’re sure to love it.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Doc asks Zac & Dan about their competition. [5:11]
- Dan on moving up a level. [7:20]
- Doc asks Dan how he went about gaining weight. [8:24]
- Doc's shares a story about Dan's father. [9:32]
- Dan on the 85 weight level. [13:44]
- The boys talk about Boris. [14:27]
- Michael the Commie & political alignments. [16:20]
- Social & cultural issues in the world today. [17:53]
- An evident problem in America. [28:14]
- Communist & socialist ideologies. [29:52]
- Doc on the book, Tribe. [34:00]
- Dan on Life Below Zero [36:54]
- A discussion between Tommy and his girlfriend. [38:55]
- The hunter-gatherer society. [40:02]
- Happiness derived from achievements. [45:02]
- Social media's massive influence on people's lives. [47:54]
- Programmed to be addictive. [50:10]
- The need for a balanced train of thought. [52:58]
- People on listening only to what they agree or align with. [54:39]
- Everyone is too involved in American politics. [58:40]
- Zac on a show about Poles vs. Russkies. [1:00:21]
- The possibility of a third World War. [1:01:29]
- Dan on countries imploding on themselves. [1:03:22]
- Overcoming our base instincts. [1:06:10]
- Gaining a new perspective. [1:08:40]
- Doc on the book, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. [1:11:50]
- Tommy asks the boys about how to tune out everything about the world. [1:16:44]