Stephen James "Steve" Moneghetti is an Australian long-distance runner and physical health consultant. He represented Australia at the Commonwealth Games and in the Olympics.
Straight into the show and Tommy asks Steve about his mindset, and after that, his training. Dan jumps in asks about how distance running has changed over the years. Steve answers the question, then proceeds tells us about the prime years for marathon runners.
More detailed questions from the boys directed to Steve as he tells us about the effects of varied terrain on health, distractions during a run and the importance of maintaining a rhythm, as well as how running can develop an awareness of the self. Steve also shares his experience of competing on the world stage.
Great guest, great points, great podcast! It was super cool to have Steve on the show, and we know you guys will love this one. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s Tribute. [2:51]
- Tommy asks Steve about his mindset. [10:01
- Tommy asks Steve about his training. [13:09]
- Dan asks Steve about how distance running has changed. [15:15]
- The prime years for a marathon runner. [22:56]
- The effects of terrain variability on health. [24:08]
- Steve on distractions and maintaining a rhythm while running. [27:28]
- Running as a means of developing awareness. [31:11]
- Dan asks Steve about footwear impact & barefoot running. [34:04]
- Tommy asks Steve about the experience of competing on the world stage. [38:38]
- Tommy asks Steve about what's in store for his future. [43:27]