Laurin Conlin is an IFBB Bikini Professional and winner of the 2014 Overall NPC Nationals. She has a Masters of Science in Exercise Science. Her aim is to redefine the meaning of healthy within the fitness industry.
We start it off with Laurin giving us her background, then immediately throw to Doc asking her about what led her into the field of exercise science. Things get a bit personal as Laurin shares about her experience with an eating disorder at a young age, influencers, and how she overcame it.
Doc asks Laurin to share about some of the research she’s been doing as of late, Tommy follows up with his own question later on. There is talk of the importance of keeping it real on social media, unrealistic images of oneself, and finally an exchange on a couple of choice reads.
Great guest, great episode! Laurin was a blast to have on the show, and you’ll all see just why when you tune in. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - https://www.laurinconlin.com/
- Facebook - Laurin Conlin IFBB Pro
- Instagram - laurinconlin
- YouTube - Laurin Conlin
- Twitter - @laurinconlin
- Tommy's Tribute. [3:49]
- Laurin gives us her background. [5:43]
- Doc asks Laurin what led her into exercise science. [7:36]
- Laurin shares her experience with an eating disorder. [10:31]
- Doc asks Laurin what influenced her eating disorder. [13:20]
- Going from aesthetics to performance. [17:28]
- Laurin starts doing weights & enjoying the gym. [18:15]
- Laurin's school gym experience. [20:58]
- Doc asks Laurin to share on a study she's recently done. [23:08]
- Tommy follows up with a question about the research. [23:58]
- Doc asks Laurin if people in the IFBB have problematic career approaches. [26:18]
- Tommy asks about how Laurin deals with all the exposure. [32:04]
- Doc talks about the importance of keeping it real on social media. [35:22]
- Unrealistically holding yourself to a certain look. [38:04]
- Laurin on staying motivated & consistent with her training. [41:02]
- Doc & Laurin on the book - The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck. [46:58]
- Laurin on the book - The Hungry Brain [50:05]
- 6 From 6 [51:24]
- What is Laurin’s favorite travel destination? [51:48]
- What is Laurin’s dream travel destination? [52:53]
- What books does Laurin recommend? [54:57]
- What does Laurin like to do when she has free time? [56:30]
- Who does Laurin look up to? [57:50]
- If Laurin could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [58:54]