Will Gadd is a prominent Canadian ice climber and paraglider pilot. He formerly held the paragliding world distance record, with a flight of 423 km in Zapata, Texas. Will up in a family that hiked, climbed and went into the mountains whenever they could.
Welcoming Will onto the show and Doc starts us off with asking about his background, then later follows it up with asking about what pushed him to pursue his passions. Will tells us about what it means to have the freedom to choose what you want to do, then talks about controlling his fears and the power of negative thinking.
Later on in, the boys get to talking to Will about drawing the line in his sports, risks in the field, as well as asking about any near-death experiences and how people can cope with this kind of lifestyle.
Another great episode with another awesome guest in the bag! Make sure you tune in guys as this was certainly a joy to record, and will all the more be for you to listen to. Enjoy the show!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s Tribute. [3:33]
- Doc asks Will about his background. [5:06]
- Doc asks Will about what pushed him to pursue his passion. [7:35]
- Will on having the freedom to choose what to do. [11:31]
- Doc asks Will how he controlled his fears. [13:52]
- The positive power of negative thinking. [17:24]
- Doc asks Will about where he draws the line in his sports. [20:19]
- Will shares a childhood experience related to the risks of his field. [23:51]
- Doc asks will about what he thinks is his best adventure. [25:48]
- Tommy asks Will about having near-death experiences & the mental toll. [27:31]
- Will on keep-sane strategies during non-adrenaline moments in life. [31:09]
- 6 From 6 [32:07]
- What is Will’s favorite travel destination? [32:17]
- What is Will’s dream travel destination? [32:50]
- What books does Will recommend? [33:22]
- What does Will like to do when she has free time? [34:18]
- Who does Will look up to? [34:40]
- If Will could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [35:18]