Khan Porter is a professional CrossFit Athlete and player on the DC Brawlers Grid team in the USA. He is a highly sought after functional fitness coach and has worked with athletes of all levels across all sports as well as helping everyday people achieve strength, fitness and body composition goals they’ve never dreamed of.
We start with asking Khan about his foray into the world of psychology. He explains how he got into it, and later on talks about shining some light on the bullshit surrounding certain areas of psychology. Much further in, Khan talks about what it really means to be motivated and to motivate people.
The boys cover more topics such as the recent news surrounding the death of a pornstar, shed more light on some social media problems, the importance of mindfulness, as well as asking the question “are you okay?” to people that are troubled.
Another solid show! It was great to have Khan back on, and it was a very deep albeit humor ridden convo. Enjoy the episode, guys, and make sure to takeaway as much as you can.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
Instagram - Khan Porter
Facebook - iamkhanporter
Twitter - @KhanPorter
- Khan on starting his degree on psychology. [4:32]
- Doc asks Khan what got him into studying psychology out of the blue. [6:05]
- Shining some light on the bullshit behind psychology. [9:25]
- Khan on the real meaning of motivation. [12:44]
- The role of identity & self-awareness in motivation. [15:06]
- Death of a pornstar. [18:09]
- How one mistake on social media can ruin lives. [20:27]
- The boys on disagreements on the internet & negativity in general. [21:52]
- Doc & Khan on people creating the perfect image on social media. [24:25]
- Khan on creating his own identity on social media. [27:10]
- Doc on Viktor Frankl's Man's Search For Meaning. [28:38]
- Bringing it back to mindfulness. [31:26]
- Equipping people with the right skills to get through their lives. [35:14]
- Tommy & Khan on generational differences in child rearing. [38:58]
- People chasing the wrong dreams in life. [43:05]
- Tommy asks Khan about reaching out to people with "Are you okay?". [47:17]
- The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck - Mark Manson
- Dan Harris
- Man's Search For Meaning - Viktor Frankl
- Selfie - Will Storr
- Find Your Why - Simon Sinek
- August Ames Suicide
- So You've Been Publicly Shamed - Jon Ronson