Kevin Briggs is a retired Sergeant with the California Highway Patrol. He is a trained and experienced speaker with the goal of raising awareness about mental health and wellness, crisis management, and suicide prevention.
Kevin gives his background before talking about handling suicidal people. We ask about the demographic of victims and talk about why suicide rates are increasing.
Kevin tells us about a negotiation term called a hook before going into the topic of mental health. He also shares about meditation, and we discuss about what people should do to be happier.
Such an amazing guest - it was great to have Kevin on the show to share about his career experiences. This is a gold mine of takeaways. Enjoy the episode!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is supported by Audible. Audible is home to the widest selection of digital audiobooks, including best-sellers, new releases, exclusives and much more. Listen anytime, anywhere on your tablet, mobile or desktop with our free app. Audible is offering listeners of AdventureFit Radio a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/advfradio.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy's Tribute. [9:19]
- Kevin on his background. [10:57]
- Doc on why he wanted to get Kevin onto the show. [14:19]
- Kevin on dealing with suicidal people. [15:52]
- Tommy asks Kevin about the demographic of victims he's dealt with. [19:14]
- Possible reasons for increasing suicide rates in young people. [19:28]
- Doc asks Kevin about the after care that the people he's encountered go to. [20:53]
- The initial reaction to finding people on the bridge. [23:34]
- Doc shares a story about his grandfather. [25:46]
- Tommy asks Kevin about what's on his mind when dealing with suicidal people. [28:09]
- Kevin on negotiation - what are hooks? [30:55]
- Cultural influences on anxiety & depression. [36:51]
- Kevin on starting meditation. [40:19]
- What should people do to be happier. [43:04]
- Tommy asks Kevin if he's experienced mental issues from patrolling. [54:07]
- The boys on teaching the younger generation the right things. [55:35]
- Kevin's nugget of wisdom. [1:02:23]
- 6 From 6. [1:03:06]
- What is Kevin’s favorite travel destination? [1:03:09]
- What is Kevin’s dream travel destination? [1:03:59]
- What books does Kevin recommend? [1:04:56]
- What does Kevin like to do when he has free time? [1:06:52]
- Who does Kevin look up to? [1:08:37]
- If Kevin could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:10:30]