Thomas King is the CEO of Food Frontier. For 8 years he has led environmental, animal welfare, health and global development projects across 5 continents.
Thomas gives us his background and talks about his field of expertise. Doc and Tommy ask him questions about “growing” meat and switching to plant-based eating. Later on he discusses the future of food production.
This was such an eye-opening topic to discuss. Plenty to be taken away from this one. Enjoy the episode.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy's Tribute. [7:50]
- Thomas on his background. [10:06]
- Doc asks Thomas about what got him started in his field. [10:56]
- Thomas on his growing perspective & next steps into his field. [12:17]
- Tommy asks Thomas about the need to eat meat. [18:37]
- Entering an age of being able to "grow" meat. [22:38]
- Cognitive dissonance in our "food animals". [28:30]
- Doc asks Thomas about the timeline for mass-production of the new "meat". [32:56]
- Thomas on making the switch to plant-based eating. [36:17]
- A look at new protein innovations. [38:17]
- Thomas on people's reception for plant-based & clean meats. [42:15]
- Tommy asks Thomas if we need to eat meat to survive. [48:17]
- Thomas on where he thinks the world will be in terms of food production in the future. [53:08]
- 6 From 6. [56:34]
- What is Thomas’ favorite travel destination? [56:44]
- What is Thomas’ dream travel destination? [57:25]
- What books does Thomas recommend? [58:13]
- What does Thomas like to do when he has free time? [59:05]
- If Thomas could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:00:27]