Karl Kruszelnicki , often referred to as "Dr Karl", is a well-known Australian science communicator and populariser.
Karl gives us his background, then they talk about a genuine interest in learning. The next topic is humanity’s evolutionary origins, then later on a future with AI and how to prevent doomsday.
Enjoy the show, guys!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website - http://drkarl.com/
- Facebook - Dr Karl Kruszelnicki
- Instagram - doctor_karl
- Twitter - @DoctorKarl
- Karl on his background. [7:14]
- Doc on being inspired by watching Interstellar. [11:27]
- Karl on time dilation. [13:38]
- A vanishing sense of curiosity. [14:55]
- Doc asks Karl about the importance of his role as a science communicator. [17:01]
- The adverse effects of living in the most peaceful time in human history. [20:05]
- Humanity as a brilliant yet ignorant species. [22:42]
- The evolutionary origins of humans. [26:12]
- Karl on the great flood. [33:10]
- The future of AI. [36:05]
- A future with universal basic income. [41:55]
- Moore's Law. [48:06]
- Karl on stopping doomsday. [50:37]
- 6 From 6. [57:37]
- What is Karl’s favorite travel destination? [57:49]
- What is Karl’s dream travel destination? [58:07]
- What books does Karl recommend? [59:15]
- What does Karl like to do when he has free time? [1:00:43]
- If Karl could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:02:43]
- Who does Karl look up to? [1:03:09]
- The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined - Steven Pinker
- Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think - Hans Rosling
- The Great Leveler: Violence and the History of Inequality - Walter Scheidel
- Econobabble: How to Decode Political Spin and Economic Nonsense - Richard Dennis