Jason Khalipa is a former CrossFit Games athlete and founder of NCFIT. He has established widespread corporate wellness programs, modernized fitness in the hospitality sector, and revolutionized the way people think of fitness.
Jason starts with giving us his background then onto his daughter Ava’s condition. He goes on to talk about the power of community, the AMRAP mentality and effectively growing a CrossFit gym.
Great episode with lots of takeaways, especially for gym owners looking to grow their brand. Enjoy the show!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy's Tribute. [7:03]
- Jason on his background. [9:04]
- Doc asks Jason about dealing with his daughter's leukemia. [10:35]
- Tommy asks Jason how his views have changed in light of his daughter's sickness. [15:21]
- Jason on getting through his daughter's situation. [17:58]
- The power of community. [21:27]
- Doc asks Jason about where he gets the drive in growing his business. [23:48]
- How to grow a CrossFit gym. [34:09]
- Jason on the AMRAP mentality. [39:08]
- Getting people to come through the doors of your CrossFit gym. [46:09]
- Jason on the woes of the CrossFit brand & the effect on their affiliates. [49:44]
- The boys ask Jason about his current training & other interests. [56:40]
- 6 From 6. [1:04:43]
- What is Jason’s favorite travel destination? [1:05:09]
- What is Jason’s dream travel destination? [1:06:11]
- What books does Jason recommend? [1:06:53]
- What does Jason like to do when he has free time? [1:07:55]
- Who does Jason look up to? [1:08:31]
- If Jason could invite 3 people to dinner, who would they be? [1:09:45]
- Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging - Sebastian Junger
- How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It - Mark Cuban
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can, Too - Gary Vaynerchuck
- Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers - Tim Ferris
- Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World - Tim Ferris
- NC FIT