Johann Eduard Hari is a Swiss-British writer and journalist. He has written for a number of publications including The Independent (London) and The Huffington Post and has written books on the topic of the war on drugs, the monarchy, and depression.
Johann starts with a story about his niece then goes in depth on some of the topics found in his book. He talks about coping methods with depression, discusses the effect of psychedelics and later on, how humor forms powerful connections.
Enjoy the show!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- A story of Johann's niece. [13:01]
- Johann on valium & the fear of death. [13:59]
- The story of Benazir Bhutto. [16:25]
- Death, the ego & selfishness. [0:18:04]
- Tommy asks Johann about his bouts with depression. [23:15]
- Ignoring the signals. [25:45]
- Johann on the reactions to his book. [28:33]
- Tommy shares his experience and realizations with his mental health. [30:01]
- Meeting the underlying needs. [32:32]
- Johann on junk values and how they affects us. [39:44]
- Coping with more than just meds. [49:23]
- "You're weak or you have a problem." [54:45]
- Johann on research done on giving people psychedelics. [58:02]
- Tommy on his first experience with mushrooms. [1:09:24]
- Bad psychedelic trips & egos. [1:14:40]
- Johann asks Tommy how his bad trip turned into a positive experience. [1:18:13]
- Meditation & psychedelics. [1:20:52]
- Loving kindness meditation. [1:23:17]
- Johann on why he wrote his book. [1:28:52]
- Finding bliss in solitude. [1:30:55]
- Taking action vs. not taking action. [1:34:01]
- Johann on the power of humor. [1:38:30]
- What is Johann's biggest takeaway from writing his book. [1:43:47]
- Lost Connections - Johann Hari
- No Impact Man - Colin Beavan
- Chasing the Scream - Johann Hari