Khan Porter is a professional CrossFit athlete and player on the DC Brawlers GRID team. He is a 3 x CrossFit Games qualifier and owner of CrossFit Play in NSW, Australia.
In this podcast, we talk a little more about how Khan’s educational background, how he got started in CrossFit and the fitness industry in general. Hear more also on his experience in the regionals and what’s next.
The deepest and most involving part of this conversation is regarding the mental health and mindset of Khan through his childhood until now.
We talk a little more about how he manages his finances and builds his personal brand as a CrossFit athlete. We delve a little deeper too on mental health, habits, and fears.
Further on, we hear about how Khan deals with discomfort, then on to his nutrition.
Finally, we wrap it up with 6 from 6!
Great conversation with Khan Porter guys. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Tommy’s tribute. [6:00]
- Is Khan Porter gay? [7:35]
- Khan tells a preview about himself and how he started CrossFit. [08:45]
- The reason why his parents created a facebook account for him. [11:50 ]
- Khan’s educational background. [14:40]
- Doc and Khan talk about what they feel in the fitness industry. [18:20]
- Why won’t Khan do deadlifts? [21:40]
- Are you sponsored by a game company? [23:30]
- What was your training during your first competition in regionals? [24:40]
- Continuation after regionals. [27:00]
- Khan shares how he managed his injuries. [33:50]
- Khan’s training practices to stay functional. [38:10]
- Do you meditate in order to relax mentally? [47:25]
- Anxiety issues. [51:00]
- Handling people’s perception towards them. [52:00]
- A story of Khan’s mental issues. [59:10]
- The Good, Bad, and Science [1:03:20]
- If you can have anyone’s voice, who would that be? [1:06:57]
- How do you make a living as a CrossFit athlete? [04:37] [1:10:50]
- Continuation about of his sources of income. [1:13:13]
- Khan shares his take on mental health and on homophobia issues. [1:15:00]
- Khan gives pieces of advice on how to brand oneself and discusses the importance of authenticity. [1:19:00]
- What is next to Khan Porter? [1:21:05]
- A helpful book on habit releasing. [1:23:18]
- An interesting discussion on how to deal when you feel uncomfortable and unhappy. [1:24:10]
- Khan reveals his diet and his favorite food. [1:27:45]
- Unusual rituals of a CrossFit athlete. [1:29:35]
- Movies they have watched recently. [1:31:45]
- The riddles. [1:34:30]
- 6 from 6 [1:36:50]
- Where is your favorite travel destination? [1:37:00]
- What is your dream destination? [1:40:10]
- When you are on a desert island, what three things that you would bring? [1:41:00]
- Who is your biggest role model? [1:42:00]
- What are the things that you do when you are in downtime? [1:43:50]
- When you invite three people to dinner, who would that be? [1:45:10]
- Single ladies
- Russian squat program
- Mitch Sinnamon
- Justin Cotler
- Neurological disorder
- Morgan Freeman
- John Legend
- Sunway Taihulight
- Online coaching program
- Next Magazine
- Christopher Ryan
- Joe Rogan
- Mission Corn Chip
- Conjuring 2
- Finding Dory
- Jurassic Park
- Melbourne Museum
- New York
- Caribbean Sea
- Hurricane Matthew
- Barack Obama
- Eiffel Tower