Nathalie Kozak and Allanah-Alexandra Avalon are the creators of the show “Julia, A Lesbian.” They are currently performing at the Melbourne Fringe. Allanah is the director, while Nathalie plays the titular character of Julia.
We open with why the lovely pair are in Melbourne then onto about the show. We ask about the format, other details, and the reason for making the main character a lesbian. The topic goes into working with the audience later on, as well as backstage rituals. Finally we learn about putting the show together, theater as an art form, and more on the character of Julia.
Great episode with these amazing ladies. Tune in to learn about all that we covered, and enjoy the show!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Website | Femme Riot | www.allanahavalon.com
- Instagram | nathaliekozak | avallonallanah
- Facebook | Nathalie Kozak |
- Twitter | @nathaliekozak | @avalonallanah
- What brings Nathalie & Allanah to Melbourne. [6:08]
- Doc & Dan ask about their show, Julia. [6:32]
- Explaining the one person show & other details. [10:19]
- Why make the titular character a lesbian? [15:13]
- Interacting with the audience & reading the reactions. [20:04]
- Having the experience of "bombing" on stage. [24:40]
- Rituals & methods when backstage. [27:10]
- Putting the show together & more on the character of Julia. [28:46]
- What's next for Julia? [33:58]
- What is the current state of theater as an art form? [37:45]
- Nathalie & Allanah on being in Melbourne. [41:51]
- Allanah on how she ended up living with Doc. [44:00]
- The best case scenario for Nathalie & Allanah. [45:17]
- 6 From 6. [49:37]
- What are Nathalie & Allanah's favorite travel destinations? [50:41]
- What are Nathalie & Allanah's dream travel destinations? [53:32]
- What are Nathalie & Allanah's recommended books? [56:26]
- 3 people that Nathalie & Allanah would like to invite to dinner? [59:05]
- What are Nathalie & Allanah's favorite foods? [1:01:22]
- Just Kids - Patti Smith
- A Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez
- Poems & Antipoems - Nicanor Parra
- Julie, A Lesbian! on Melbourne Fringe
- Tooth n' Fang on Facebook