Gordon Young is the principal of Ethilogical Consulting. He offers extensive understanding of decision-making methodologies, value articulation, challenge management and strategic planning necessary for success in today’s hyper-connected world.
A little bit about Gordon’s background to start and then into applying ethics to business, and in the field of A.I. Next we tackle the automation crisis, UBI (universal basic income), and do a deep dive into possible utopian and dystopian futures. Much later we talk about why we need ethics, and have an in-depth talk about the current internet giants, new tech and how they all affects us.
Gordon was a very interesting guest to have on the show, and he certainly sheds some light on some key points that matter greatly in today’s world as we know it. Tune in to get into all that we covered. Enjoy!
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Listen to it on Stitcher.
- Listen to it on Spotify.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing "Save as."
True is an Australian-based company that specializes in protein powder and sports nutrition supplements. They use only the best quality ingredients available from all corners of the world to deliver a premium product. When it comes to sports supplements that are all natural and, most importantly, are effective in giving you the competitive edge, go with TrueProtein. As a special offer from ADVF and TrueProtein, head on over to www.trueprotein.com.au and use the code ‘ADVF’ to get 10% off on any of their products.
This podcast is proudly supported by AdventureFit Travel. AdventureFit Travel is an adventure travel company for the fitness community. Head over to www.adventurefittravel.com to check out all our trips, all our blogs from our blogging team, special offers and more.
- Gordon on his background. [3:33]
- What made Gordon want to study & pursue ethics? [5:14]
- Applying ethics to a business. [6:43]
- A bit on the ethics of A.I. [10:59]
- Gordon on the automation crisis. [0:12:58]
- Doc's take on UBI (universal basic income) & the amount of hours we spend working. [17:03]
- Gordon's take on UBI & work hours. [18:48]
- Possible utopian & dystopian futures. [24:58]
- The reason we have ethics and why we need to study it. [38:00]
- The ethics of a collective/augmented human intelligence. [42:34]
- Internet giants, new tech & us. [46:28]
- Does Gordon think his industry will grow? [1:07:25]
- 6 From 6. [1:08:43]
- What is Gordon's favorite travel destination? [1:09:06]
- If Gordon were on a deserted island, what 3 things would he bring? [1:09:27]
- What is Gordon's dream travel destination? [1:10:08]
- What books does Gordon recommend? [1:10:36]
- Lost Connections - Johann Hari
- Our Final Invention - James Barrat
- The Dictator's Handbook - Bruce Bueno de Mesquita, Alastair Smith